Produire au Sud is a workshop focusing on the outline and structure of coproduction within the film industry. The workshop aims to familiarize young producers based in Africa, Latin America, and Asia with a variety of important tools and international coproduction techniques by coaching individual projects in development.
It is actually the most important workshop of the year, as it lasts 7 days and invites each year a dozen of international and europeans professionals as experts. Each year, it takes place in Nantes in the framework of the Festival des 3 Continents and in partnership with the Institute for Advanced Study (IEA-Nantes).
It is dedicated to any producer from the 3 Continents (Latin America, Africa, Asia) paired with a director who currently develops a feature fiction fiction project.
The next workshop will take place in Nantes November 18-24, 2019.
The workshop will be held in the frame of the 41st 3 Continents Film Festival (November 19-26, 2019). It will be hosted by IAS (Institute for advanced studies). It is supported by the municipality of Nantes and by the CNC (Centre National du Cinéma) and all along the year by the networks of French Institutes abroad and the french diplomatic services represented by French Embassies abroad.
Dates of the 2019 workshop
Dates of the workshop in Nantes : 2019, November 18-24
- The last Tears of the deceased directed by Beza Hailu Lemma and produced by Tamara Mariam Dawit (Ethiopia)
- Once upon a time in Tripoli directed by Abdullah Al-Ghaly and produced by Miftah Saeid (Libya)
- Season of Dragonflies directed by Abinash Bikram Shah and produced by Anup Poudel and Ram Krishna Pokharel (Nepal)
- Coura + Ouleye directed by Iman Djionne and produced by Souleymane Kébé (Senegal)
- Till the Cave fills directed by Nguyen Viet and produced by Nguyen Hang et Josh Levy (Vietnam)
- Sunflowers in the Dark directed by Tapiwa Chipfupa and produced by Ben Mahaka (Zimbabwe) in partnership with Durban FilmMart
2019 workshop will be led by international experienced professionals including (more to be confirmed) :
–Claire Lajoumard (Acrobates Films) – producer – France
– Denis Vaslin (Volya Films) – producer – Netherlands
– Juliette Grandmont (Clandestine Films) – productrice – France
– Delphyne Besse (UDI) – sale agent/distributor – France
– Agathe Valentin (Totem Films) – sale agent – France
– Gualberto Ferrari – script consultant – France/Argentina
– Joëlle Touma – script consultant – France/Lebanon
– Stefano Tealdi (Stefilm) – pitch expert – Italy
– Boris Chapelle – sound engineer – France
Institute for Advanced Study (IAS)
The Produire au Sud workshop takes place in the IAS. The Institute for Advanced Study provides an inspirational setting for intellectual innovation. The Institute’s mission to bring together internationally renowned scholars, writers and innovators from many different countries, working in many different disciplines. The scholars, temporarily freed from their normal professional obligations, have the opportunity to pursue their studies in a spectacular building overlooking the Loire River. They have the opportunity to work on their projects either individually or collectively.
The main objective of the Nantes Institute for Advanced Study is to create a new type of relationship between Western scholars and those from the rest of the world. By encouraging the latter to put forward their viewpoints we hope to achieve a true diversity of approaches to current problems posed by globalization.