The Produire au Sud Taipei Workshop 2019 is a 3×5 days local training workshop for emerging producers and directors from Taiwan. The workshop aims at familiarizing them with a variety of important tools and international coproduction techniques by coaching individual projects in development.
It is organized in partnership with the Taipei Film Festival, and financially supported by the BAMID (Bureau of Audiovisual and Music Industry Development) from the Ministry of Culture – Taiwan and the Bureau Français de Taïwan.
The workshop will open with collective work sessions around international coproduction issues, most widely opened to professionals from the taiwanese cinema industry.
The first stage of this 3 stages workshop will be held in Taipei October 16-20, 2019.
A public pitch presentation of the 6 selected film projects will be taking place during the last workshop in july 2020.
This year, 8 international experts will lead the workshop:
– Claire Lajoumard (Acrobates FIlms), French producer
– Vincent Wang (Pandora Film), German producer
– Thomas Pibarot (Le Pacte), French international sale agent and distributor
– Gualberto Ferrari, French-Argentinian script-consultant and director
– Jérémie Dubois, French script-consultant and director
– Stefano Tealdi (Stefilms), Italian producer/director and pitch expert
– June Wu (Ablaze Image), Taiwanese international sale agent and distributor
– Jérôme Baron (Festival of 3 Continents), artistic director
The call for film project is closed for this 2019-2020 edition.
Dates of first workshop : October 16-20, 2019
The 2019 selection of film projects welcomed in Taipei :
Hunter Brothers (獵人兄弟) by Hung En Su produced by Tung Hui Chen
The Box by Yi Tzu Lan produced by Celine Kao
Delight Delight (囍) by Sunny Yu produit par Ivy Y.H. Chiang
Beautiful Days in the South (南方時光) by Shih Han Tsao produced by Yi-Hua Wang
The Border (邊境)by Ya-Chih Cheng produced by Yi-Jou Hsieh
Wati (瓦蒂) by Chuan-Ying Liao produced by Yi-De Lee