The Produire au Sud Taipei Workshop 2019 is a 3×5 days local training workshop for emerging producers and directors from Taiwan. The workshop aims at familiarizing them with a variety of important tools and international coproduction techniques by coaching individual projects in development.
It is organized in partnership with the Taipei Film Festival, and financially supported by the BAMID (Bureau of Audiovisual and Music Industry Development) from the Ministry of Culture – Taiwan and the Bureau Français de Taïwan.
The workshop will open with collective work sessions around international coproduction issues, most widely opened to professionals from the taiwanese cinema industry.
The first stage of this 3 stages workshop will be held in Taipei October 16-20, 2019.
A public pitch presentation of the 6 selected film projects will be taking place during the last workshop in july 2020.
This year, 8 international experts will lead the workshop:
– Claire Lajoumard (Acrobates FIlms), French producer
– Vincent Wang (Pandora Film), German producer
– Thomas Pibarot (Le Pacte), French international sale agent and distributor
– Gualberto Ferrari, French-Argentinian script-consultant and director
– Jérémie Dubois, French script-consultant and director
– Stefano Tealdi (Stefilms), Italian producer/director and pitch expert
– June Wu (Ablaze Image), Taiwanese international sale agent and distributor
– Jérôme Baron (Festival of 3 Continents), artistic director
Reminder – the 2018 selection of film projects:
FOR A BETTER PLACE by Zune Kwok and produced by Uilin Wang
LOVE LIES by Ping-Wen Wang and produced by Eric Xie
SALLY by Lien Chien-Hung and produced by Reinert Manyin
THE GIRL ON THE BORDER by Dan Chi Huang and produced by Yu Jie Hong
TROPICAL BLUE by Hou Chi-Jan and produced by Vicki Tsai
WHO’LL STOP THE RAIN by I-Hsuan Su and produced by Tami Xu
The call for entries for next 2019-2020 PAS Taipei workshop will open next July 1st.
Opening of the call for entries : 2019, July 1st
Deadline for applications : 2019, August 19th
Announcement of the selection : mid-september 2019
Dates of first workshop : October 16-20, 2019
et deux ateliers de suivis à Taipei :
– 3 au 6 mars 2020
– 5 au 9 juillet 2020
Only fiction feature films are considered.