Studio Darom Produire au Sud workshop 2019 is a 5 days local training workshop for emerging producers and directors from Israel. The workshop aims at familiarizing them with a variety of important tools and international coproduction techniques by coaching individual projects in development.
The workshop was organized in Sderot June 2-6, 2019 at the Sapir College (documentary cinema school) in the frame of the Cinema South Film Festival.
The public pitch presentation of the 4 selected film projects took place at the Sapir College on June 6th and was moderated by israeli pitch expert Ohad Azoulay. All professionals are invited to attend.
The 5th Studio Darom took place June 2-6, 2019 at Sapir Academic College.
The workshop is dedicated to young emerging directors and producers from Israel working on a fiction feature lenght project under development.
« Produire au Sud » feature films at Cinema South Film Festival
To highlight the presence of the Studio Darom in Sderot, the Cinema South Film Festival programs this year 4 feature films that have emerged after their selection in Produire au Sud workshops Nantes or abroad :
– THE DIVE (Un Havre de Paix) by Yona Rozenkier (Israel – 2018) – Studio Darom 2016
– NERVOUS TRANSLATION by Shireen Seno (Philippines – 2017) – PAS Bangkok 2014
– LA FAMILIA by Gustavo Rondon (Venezuela – 2016) – PAS Caracas 2013
– MANTA RAY by Phuttiphong Aroonpheng (Thailand – 2017) – PAS Nantes 2011
ACROSS THE BORDER
by Miya Hatav and produced by Osnat Bukofzer (Metro Communications)
by Yuval Shani and produced by Maayan Cohen/Efrat Cohen (Gaudeamus Productions)
KING OF THE BASTAS
by Rita Borodiyanski and produced by Oren Rogovin, Maya Hofman and Asaf Nawi (Rogovin Brothers)
by Shira Sznaider and produced by Eviatar Moncaz (University of TLV)
The workshop took place in the Sapir Academic College of Sderot (Israel). It is organized by Produire au Sud/Festival des 3 Continents, in partnership with the Sapir Academic College of Sederot and the Cinema South Film Festival organization and with the support of the French Institute of Tel-Aviv in Israel.
This year, 7 international experts have led the workshop :
– Juliette Grandmont (Clandestine FIlms), french producer
– Claire Lajoumard (Acrobates Films), french producer
– Sari Turgeman (Script Light), french-israeli script consultant
– Jérémie Dubois, french script consultant
– Ohad Azoulay, israeli pitch expert
– Kobi Mizrahi, israeli producer of The Dive
– Yona Rozenkier, israeli director of The Dive
– Yoel Rozenkier, actor of The Dive