Studio Darom Produire au Sud workshop 2020 is a 5 days local training workshop for emerging producers and directors from Israel. The workshop aims at familiarizing them with a variety of important tools and international coproduction techniques by coaching individual projects in development.
The workshop is organized in Sderot May 31-June 4, 2019 at the Sapir College in the frame of the Cinema South Film Festival.
The public pitch presentation of the 4 selected film projects takes place at the Sapir College on June 4th and at the French Institute in Tel Aviv on June 5th. It is moderated by israeli pitch expert Ohad Azoulay. All professionals are invited to attend.
The workshop takes place in the Sapir Academic College of Sderot (Israel). It is organized by Produire au Sud/Festival des 3 Continents, in partnership with the Sapir Academic College of Sderot and the Cinema South Film Festival organization and with the support of the French Institute of Tel-Aviv in Israel and the Rabinovich Foundation, the Israeli Film Council and the Ministry of Culture and Sport.
The 6th Studio Darom took place May 31-June 4, 2020 at Sapir Academic College.
Opening of the call for entries : february 6, 2020
Deadline for submission : april 10, 2020
Announcement of the selection : april 20, 2020
The workshop is dedicated to young emerging directors and producers from Israel working on a fiction feature lenght project under development.
« Produire au Sud » feature films at 2019 Cinema South Film Festival
To highlight the presence of the Studio Darom in Sderot, the Cinema South Film Festival programs this year 4 feature films that have emerged after their selection in Produire au Sud workshops Nantes or abroad :
– THE DIVE (Un Havre de Paix) by Yona Rozenkier (Israel – 2018) – Studio Darom 2016
– NERVOUS TRANSLATION by Shireen Seno (Philippines – 2017) – PAS Bangkok 2014
– LA FAMILIA by Gustavo Rondon (Venezuela – 2016) – PAS Caracas 2013
– MANTA RAY by Phuttiphong Aroonpheng (Thailand – 2017) – PAS Nantes 2011
Reminder of the selection 2019
ACROSS THE BORDER
by Miya Hatav and produced by Osnat Bukofzer (Metro Communications)
by Yuval Shani and produced by Maayan Cohen/Efrat Cohen (Gaudeamus Productions)
KING OF THE BASTAS
by Rita Borodiyanski and produced by Oren Rogovin, Maya Hofman and Asaf Nawi (Rogovin Brothers)
by Shira Sznaider and produced by Eviatar Moncaz (University of TLV)
This year, 7 international experts have led the workshop (to be confirmed and completed):
– Juliette Grandmont (Clandestine FIlms), french producer
– Claire Lajoumard (Acrobates Films), french producer
– Sari Turgeman (Script Light), french-israeli script consultant
– Jérémie Dubois, french script consultant
– Ohad Azoulay, israeli pitch expert
– Kobi Mizrahi, israeli producer of The Dive
– Yona Rozenkier, israeli director of The Dive
– Yoel Rozenkier, actor of The Dive