The next Nantes Produire au Sud workshop will be held November 18-24 as part of the 41st edition of the Festival of 3 Continents.
Produire au Sud is a workshop focusing on the outline and structure of coproduction within the film industry. The Produire au Sud workshop was created in 2000 in Nantes, in order to support the creation of a network of young producers from Asia, Africa and Latin America and lay the foundations for lasting cooperation between European film professionals and emerging professionals from the South.
The workshop aims to familiarize young producers based in Africa, Latin America, and Asia with a variety of important tools and international coproduction techniques by coaching individual projects in development. It is actually the most important workshop of the year, as it lasts 7 days and invites each year twenty international and europeans professionals as experts.
6 fiction feature films under development stage are selected this year
- The last Tears of the deceased directed by Beza Hailu Lemma and produced by Tamara Mariam Dawit (Ethiopia)
- Once upon a time in Tripoli directed by Abdullah Al-Ghaly and produced by Miftah Saeid (Libya)
- Season of Dragonflies directed by Abinash Bikram Shah and produced by Anup Poudel and Ram Krishna Pokharel (Nepal)
- Coura + Ouleye directed by Iman Djionne and produced by Souleymane Kébé (Senegal)
- Till the Cave fills directed by Nguyen Le Hoang Viet and produced by Nguyen Le Hang et Josh Levy (Vietnam)
- Sunflowers in the Dark directed by Tapiwa Chipfupa and produced by Ben Mahaka (Zimbabwe) in partnership with Durban FilmMart
Festival-goers and professionals are welcome to meet the participants during the public pitch presentation which will be moderated by italian producer Stefano Tealdi
Friday 22nd of November
2:00pm to 3:30pm at the Cinématographe (rue des Carmélites) – Nantes
Thanks to confirm your attendance to Thomas Cesbron : email@example.com