OVERVIEW ON COMING 2020 WORKSHOPS ABROAD
Produire au Sud workshop label further develops its expertise internationally all year long in partnership with international festivals or platforms. In 2020, 6 workshops are planed to be set abroad:
–> INDIA – January 7-11, 2020
1st Arthouse PAS Kolkata workshop in partnership with Arthouse Asia Film Festival
–> ISRAEL – May 31 – June 5, 2020
6th PAS Studio Darom
in partnership with South Cinema Festival and Sapir Academic College of Sderot
–> MOROCCO – June 8-13, 2020
4th PAS Agadir Sahara workshop
in partnership with Agadir Film Festival FIDADOC
–> SOUTH AFRICA – July 17-20, 2020
4th PAS JumpStart workshop
in partnership with Durban International Film Festival
–> THAILAND – March 9-15, 2020
4th SEAFICxPAS workshop
in partnership with SEAFIC (Southeast Asia Fiction Film Lab)
followed by a follow up workshop to be held in the Philippines in november 2020
–> TAIWAN – follow-up
5th Taipei PAS workshop
in partnership with Taipei International Film Festival
– follow up workshop around sales/marketing March 3-6, 2020
– follow up and final workshop in the frame of Taipei Film Festival in July 2020
Each call for entries, eligible countries list and contents for each workshop will be specified online later on. Check the webpage Produire au Sud .
THROWBACK ON NANTES PRODUIRE AU SUD NANTES WORKSHOPS 2019
- The last Tears of the deceased directed by Beza Hailu Lemma and produced by Tamara Mariam Dawit (Ethiopia)
- Once upon a time in Tripoli directed by Abdullah Al-Ghaly and produced by Miftah Saeid (Libya)
- Season of Dragonflies directed by Abinash Bikram Shah and produced by Anup Poudel and Ram Krishna Pokharel (Nepal)
- Coura + Ouleye directed by Iman Djionne and produced by Souleymane Kébé (Senegal)
- Till the Cave fills directed by Nguyen Le Hoang Viet and produced by Nguyen Le Hang et Josh Levy (Vietnam)
- Sunflowers in the Dark directed by Tapiwa Chipfupa and produced by Ben Mahaka (Zimbabwe) in partnership with Durban FilmMart
Those six film projects has been picked out among 110 applications coming from the three Continents (54 from latin America, 37 from Africa and Middle-East, and 29 from Asia). PAS workshops also propose to set a follow-up for projects after their participation in order to support young producers to get strong connexions within the industry, that likely could jump on board as coproducer or else.
If you’re interested in getting more about each of these 6 projects, artistic contents or production details please kindly ask to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next PAS workshop in Nantes will take place in the frame of the 42nd edition of Festival of 3 Continents November 20-27, 2020. The call for entries will open by May 2020.