Produire au Sud is a workshop focusing on the outline and structure of coproduction within the film industry. The workshop aims to familiarize young producers based in Africa, Latin America, and Asia with a variety of important tools and international coproduction techniques by coaching individual projects in development.
It is actually the most important workshop of the year, as it lasts 7 days and invites each year twenty international and europeans professionals as experts. Each year, it takes place in Nantes in the framework of the Festival des 3 Continents and in partnership with the Institute for Advanced Study (IEA-Nantes).
It is dedicated to any producer from the 3 Continents paired with a director who currently develops a feature fiction fiction project. More about regulations.
The six projects selected to the the 2017 workshop
Second Trip (AFGHANISTAN)
by Sadam Wahidi produced by Abdul Tamim Zarabi
by Elvin Adigozel produced by Teymur Hajiyev
Our Home (BOLIVIA)
by Alejandro Loayza Grisi produced by Santiago Loayza Grisi
The Stranger (CHINA)
by Zhengfan Yang produced by Shengze Zhu
One Summer Day (MYANMAR)
by We Ra Aung produced by Aiess Alonso
Miles from Nowhere (SOUTH AFRICA)
by Samantha Nell produced by Bongiwe Selane
The 2017 workshop will be led by international experienced professionals including :
– Claire Lajoumard (Acrobates Films) – producer – France
– Raimond Goebel (Pandora Films) – producer – Germany
– Thomas Pibarot (Le Pacte) – sales agent/distributor – France
– Delphyne Besse (UDI) – international sales agent – France
– Gualberto Ferrari – script consultant – France/Argentina
– Sari Turgeman (ScriptLight) – script consultant – France/Israel
– Hans van Helden– postproduction & visual effects supervisor – The Netherlands
– Stefano Tealdi (Stefilm) – pitch expert – Italy
– Sara Silveira (Dezenove Som e Imagens) – producer – Brazil
– Clément Duboin (Good Fortune Films) – producer- France
– Boris Chapelle – Sound Engineer – France
– Gabrielle Béroff-Gallard (La Fabrique des Cinémas du Monde – French Institute) – France
Institute for Advanced Study (IAS)
This year, the Produire au Sud workshop will take place in the IAS. The Institute for Advanced Study provides an inspirational setting for intellectual innovation. The Institute’s mission to bring together internationally renowned scholars, writers and innovators from many different countries, working in many different disciplines. The scholars, temporarily freed from their normal professional obligations, have the opportunity to pursue their studies in a spectacular building overlooking the Loire River. They have the opportunity to work on their projects either individually or collectively.
The main objective of the Nantes Institute for Advanced Study is to create a new type of relationship between Western scholars and those from the rest of the world. By encouraging the latter to put forward their viewpoints we hope to achieve a true diversity of approaches to current problems posed by globalization.