The Produire au Sud Taipei Workshop 2018 is a 5 days local training workshop for emerging producers and directors from Taiwan. The workshop aims at familiarizing them with a variety of important tools and international coproduction techniques by coaching individual projects in development.
It is organized in partnership with the Taipei Film Festival, and financially supported by the BAMID (Bureau of Audiovisual and Music Industry Development) from the Ministry of Culture – Taiwan and the Bureau Français de Taïwan.
The workshop will open with collective work sessions around international coproduction issues, most widely opened to professionals from the taiwanese cinema industry.
The workshop was held in Taipei July 8-13 2018.
A public pitch presentation of the 6 selected film projects will be taking place during the workshop and will be moderated by italian producer and pitch expert Stefano Tealdi.
This year, 8 international experts will lead the workshop:
– Claire Lajoumard (Acrobates FIlms), French producer
– Vincent Wang (Pandora Film), German producer
– Thomas Pibarot (Le Pacte), French international sale agent and distributor
– Gualberto Ferrari, French-Argentinian script-consultant and director
– Jérémie Dubois, French script-consultant and director
– Stefano Tealdi (Stefilms), Italian producer/director and pitch expert
– June Wu (Ablaze Image), Taiwanese international sale agent and distributor
– Jérôme Baron (Festival of 3 Continents), artistic director
– Maggie Lee (Tokyo Film Festival), directrice artistique chinoise
– Shireen Seno, filipino director
– John Torres (Los Otros Films), filipino director and producer
– Gal Greenspan (Green productions), israeli producer
The 2018 selection of film projects :
FOR A BETTER PLACE by Zune Kwok and produced by Uilin Wang
LOVE LIES by Ping-Wen Wang and produced by Eric Xie
SALLY by Lien Chien-Hung and produced by Reinert Manyin
THE GIRL ON THE BORDER by Dan Chi Huang and produced by Yu Jie Hong
TROPICAL BLUE by Hou Chi-Jan and produced by Vicki Tsai
WHO’LL STOP THE RAIN by I-Hsuan Su and produced by Tami Xu
The call for entries for next PAS Taipei workshop is closed.
Only fiction feature films are considered.
The workshop will be held in Taipei July 8-13, 2018.
Film projects follow-up 2018-2019
For the second year the Produire au Sud Taipei « formula » will include two complementary training stages with special focus on scriptwriting and production in order to help directors and producers to push their writings and production strategies as much as possible.
This two steps will be led by scriptwriting consultants from the 2018 july workshop.
First stage PAS Taipei: 2018, July 8-13
Second stage (around script): October 30 – November 1, 2018
Third stage (around production): March 6-8, 2019